Thursday, November 12, 2009
Is Antigone a strong girl ?
I Think Antigone is a very strong young woman who fights for what she believes. She demonstrates her couragness by siding with her brother Polyneices saying he should get a proper burial, instead of being placed on the street to be eaten by animals. Even thought he's known as the "traitor" he's still family to Antigone and deserves a proper ritual. Antigone decides to go against the law and support her brother. She understands the consequences, but it doesnt stop her in fighting for what she thinks is right. Anitgone is very independent and shows it by taking control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you in saying that she takes control even though she's just a teenage girl- she understands everything and just goes with the idea of fighting for what she thinks is right, not what others do.
ReplyDeleteVictoria: I like how you bring in the point that Antigone is well aware of the consequences of her actions. She processes what will happen and still decided to go through with it to respect her brother.
ReplyDelete